Classical ballet gives a student an all-round education. It can be enjoyed by anyone who wishes to experience the joy of movement. It offers remarkable benefits as part of a child's education. It teaches them something about personal discipline and starts them off learning to enjoy and appreciate music even when they're very tiny.
Classical ballet consists of three interrelated elements - Technique, Music and Performance. Students gain a discipline of the mind and spirit as well as the body. It allows for individual expression and artistry which can be carried over into their normal lives.
For all students the by-products of classical ballet training are seen to:
- Encourage physical discipline and general body awareness and control.
- Inspire a sense of physical and mental confidence.
- Encourage good posture and bodily communication.
- Help to understand the relationship between music, rhythm and controlled movement.
- Provide insight into art forms associated with classical ballet.
- Foster future audience appreciation.
- Develop social interaction and friendships.